My Favorite Offgrid Solar Panel for 2024!

Here you can find Solar Panels and technological accessories related to Solar Energy: Click Here If you want to learn about Solar...

Here you can find Solar Panels and technological accessories related to Solar Energy: Click Here

If you want to learn about Solar Panels, to advise you before buying or to build your own Solar Panel: Click Here

today we're doing a quick video on these solar panels This is not sponsored I bought these for another project but I ended up liking them so much that I've gotten rid of all of my other solar panels and I only run these I bought these to put on my roof but I don't want to get permits so I just throw them on the ground again and I'm going to put them on other parts of my property and we're going to make all sorts of videos on that but these panels are my favorite and after testing hundreds of solar panels they usually do not impress me um so I want to show you exactly why I like these so these are AP TOS panels and they have a few models but the performance for its size and for its price is incredible so first off this is the 400 W module and you can see the sells from the back so it's a buy facial and with B facial gain you can get up to 500 watts now for that output it should weigh about 70 lb but for some reason this thing only weighs 48 lb and that completely blew my mind because I had Stacks and stacks of 3 70 400 watt by facials and they all weighed like 70 or 80 lb but this one I lifted it up and I was like this is this is nothing this is so easy and it's smaller like look at how big this is for a 400 WT panel compared to me the older ones I had had less output and they were all the way up to here next it has a 30-year warranty for all of their panels next the output current is very high and the voltage is lower typically we were seeing you know 5050 vol Vol panels these ones are only 37 and the current is higher so that means you can put more panels into Series without exceeding that Max input voltage rating on your solar charge controller if you have a single series string system like a solar Arc an 18K a 6000 XP this is perfect for that next these connection cables are really long and let me show you an example of why that matters now this panel I mounted the wrong way and I was too lazy to remount it I was making a video so I was like hey these cables are for so long let's see if it reaches anyways and it actually reached and I didn't have to remount this I don't recommend doing this but at least you know that it's long enough to do it if you have to also the voltage rating is 1,500 Volts for a string you're probably not going to exceed 500 volts but it's nice to know that the components that they use can handle that voltage rating because sometimes it's much lower so yeah 1,500 volts is perfect and in the last few months I ran a test with my victron solar charge controller and I measured the the difference in output between putting them on the ground and putting them on this ground Mount to see if there was any bif facial gain and I always measure a gain of 5% but I want people to realize and I've made videos about this on the past that if you want increased bifacial gain you have to lift these panels up a lot just putting them on this Mount is not going to give you much bifacial gain unless you have a bunch of snow in the back if you want to collect that radiation from the back you're going to have to lift these things up a lot higher and for most studies it says at least a meter in the front of the panel and idealistically you want to put them up as high as possible like on a carport or something like that but mounting them on an Integra rack is not going to do that much also I love this Integra rack I actually have other racks and this is my favorite now so we're going to make lots of videos in the future about this thing but fantastic if you use it with an appto solar panel now let's talk about the price they have three different models and the 400 wat one is not the best deal they have a 370 watt model that gets 27 cents per watt they have a 400 watt model that's 36 cents per watt and then there's a 440 watt model for 38 cents per watt so I think most people are going to buy the 370 watt model and it's even smaller and lighter but not by much it's only 42 LB instead of 48 lb but for the price I don't think you can beat it now even though it's a lot cheaper the 370 w module can actually have gain up to 480 watt output so that's definitely the clear winner when it comes to price for these modules anyways I'll be running these for a long time and I'm going to build a new system with them which I can't talk about but it's going to be super cool it's going to be mounted in a very peculiar place and I think you guys are going to like it so while I was editing this video I found out that Canadian Solar has some new solar panels that are trying to compete with the Aptos but they're not by facials they cost more more money and they weigh a pound more so personally I would not order these and they only have a 25-year warranty so I don't know who's going to buy these but there's other options that are the same weight that's what I was freaking out about in this video because I was like wow I can build these systems so quickly but again these are monoc crystalling these are not by facial but if you find a panel that competes with the app TOS please post it below there's lots of panels to choose from nowadays but right now app TOS is my favorite something else I forgot to mention this Grape Solar these are $50 and they're 100 WS these are only for like small 12vt systems and I absolutely hate this shape but if you need a cheap panel for 50 bucks this is pretty good that's pretty much it I'll have links down below for everything um I hope you guys like the app TOS panels and please post your systems on my Forum if you build a big array with apps panels and an Integra rack we would love to see it so thank you so much for watching and I will see you in the next video bye ...

No hay comentarios